'Mike & Mike' enter ESPN Arena
NEW YORK -- ESPN has tapped "Mike & Mike in the Morning" hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic as its primary Arena Football League announcing team.
ESPN recently acquired the rights -- and an ownership stake -- in the AFL, the indoor pro football league coming off a five-year deal with NBC. ESPN will televise 26 AFL games this season, starting with the New York Dragons-Dallas Desperados game March 4.
Golic, a former NFL player and AFL analyst, will join ESPN veteran Greenberg for the March 4 game and will bring their radio show on the road during the season for the mostly Monday night national telecasts. "Mike & Mike" has been on ESPN Radio for seven years and also is telecast weekdays on ESPN2.
Also calling AFL games for ESPN are Trey Wingo and analyst Mark Schlereth as well as former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski and analyst Merril Hoge.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR