'Mike & Mike' enter ESPN Arena
NEW YORK -- ESPN has tapped "Mike & Mike in the Morning" hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic as its primary Arena Football League announcing team.
ESPN recently acquired the rights -- and an ownership stake -- in the AFL, the indoor pro football league coming off a five-year deal with NBC. ESPN will televise 26 AFL games this season, starting with the New York Dragons-Dallas Desperados game March 4.
Golic, a former NFL player and AFL analyst, will join ESPN veteran Greenberg for the March 4 game and will bring their radio show on the road during the season for the mostly Monday night national telecasts. "Mike & Mike" has been on ESPN Radio for seven years and also is telecast weekdays on ESPN2.
Also calling AFL games for ESPN are Trey Wingo and analyst Mark Schlereth as well as former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski and analyst Merril Hoge.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera