Mike Darnell renews Fox contract
Will run alternative programming for three more years
Fox's president of alternative Mike Darnell has signed on for another three years at the network.
While Darnell's contract negotiation caused a fair amount of hand wringing for the network during the last round, where he was courted by NBC, this time the executive quietly renewed his contract several weeks ago.
Darnell oversees "American Idol" for the network, which continues to rank as broadcast's top-rated show, as well as this summer's "So You Think You Can Dance," which has performed solidly. The department goofed earlier this year by booking, then yanking, Mark Burnett's game show "Our Little Genius," which had unspecified production problems. Next up for Darnell is his latest collaboration with Gordon Ramsay, the cooking competition series "MasterChef."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR