Mike Darnell renews Fox contract
Will run alternative programming for three more years
Fox's president of alternative Mike Darnell has signed on for another three years at the network.
While Darnell's contract negotiation caused a fair amount of hand wringing for the network during the last round, where he was courted by NBC, this time the executive quietly renewed his contract several weeks ago.
Darnell oversees "American Idol" for the network, which continues to rank as broadcast's top-rated show, as well as this summer's "So You Think You Can Dance," which has performed solidly. The department goofed earlier this year by booking, then yanking, Mark Burnett's game show "Our Little Genius," which had unspecified production problems. Next up for Darnell is his latest collaboration with Gordon Ramsay, the cooking competition series "MasterChef."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty