Mike Medavoy to be Honored at Locarno Film Festival
The Hollywood producer has produced more than 300 films in a career spanning more than 40 years.
ROME -- The Locarno Film Festival announced Monday that it would present the Raimondo Rezzonico Prize for producers to Mike Medavoy, with an award ceremony, screenings of some of the best-known films that featured Medavoy as producer or studio head, and a master class Medavoy will host.
Medavoy has produced more than 300 films in a career spanning more than 40 years.
His credits include Milos Forman’s 1975 classic One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest; 1979’s Apocalypse Now from Francis Ford Coppola; Kevin Costner’s Dances With Wolves from 1990; and Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan, which was nominated for five prizes at this year’s Oscars -- all of which will screen at this year’s festival, the 64th edition of the lakeside Swiss event.
The Raimondo Rezzonico Prize, which is named for long-time Locarno Film Festival president, has been handed out every year since 2002.
The Swiss festival will take place this year Aug. 3-13.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR