Mike Medavoy to be Honored at Locarno Film Festival
The Hollywood producer has produced more than 300 films in a career spanning more than 40 years.
ROME -- The Locarno Film Festival announced Monday that it would present the Raimondo Rezzonico Prize for producers to Mike Medavoy, with an award ceremony, screenings of some of the best-known films that featured Medavoy as producer or studio head, and a master class Medavoy will host.
Medavoy has produced more than 300 films in a career spanning more than 40 years.
His credits include Milos Forman’s 1975 classic One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest; 1979’s Apocalypse Now from Francis Ford Coppola; Kevin Costner’s Dances With Wolves from 1990; and Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan, which was nominated for five prizes at this year’s Oscars -- all of which will screen at this year’s festival, the 64th edition of the lakeside Swiss event.
The Raimondo Rezzonico Prize, which is named for long-time Locarno Film Festival president, has been handed out every year since 2002.
The Swiss festival will take place this year Aug. 3-13.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!