Mike Myers’ Best Moments in ‘Austin Powers’ (Video)
With a fourth movie potentially on the way, a look back at the actor's grooviest scenes.
It’s been nine years since the shagadellic character Austin Powers graced the big screen.
With the announcement, as reported by The Hollywood Reporter, that Mike Myers is expected to write, produce and star in a fourth installment in the Austin Powers franchise, his satirical cast of characters may soon be back in moviegoers lives.
How will the next film top the memorable, musical openings of the past three – Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997), Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) and Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002).
Here are five of Myers' most memorable moments from the three films:
Austin Powers Vs. Sea Bass
In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Austin Powers (Myers) and Vanessa (Elizabeth Hurley), are captured by Dr. Evil, and are sentenced to death by mutated bass. This singular scene displays all of Myers strengths as Powers from cheesy dialogue, to questionable fighting skills and – after the guard’s head is taken off by the evil sea bass – a great montage of puns. ““Not the time to lose one’s head” and “That’s not the way to get ahead in life” stand out especially. Watch video.
Austin Powers in the Nude
The openings for all three of the films have been some of the most memorable parts of the films, but in The Spy Who Shagged Me’s opener, a nude Mike Myers takes it to the next level. He prances through a hotel in the buff, with a variety of items covering his unmentionables. Most importantly, the opening of the previous films have really displayed the joy that Myers brings to these productions.
Austin Powers and the Pump
In the first installment, after Austin Powers is unfrozen from his cryogenically frozen state, he gathers his belonging in front of the beautiful Vanessa Kensington. After receiving his velvet suit and Italian boots, he’s handed his Swedish-made penis enlarger. He insists it’s not his, and then the guard provides plenty of evidence that it is indeed his. Myers is the perfect amount of awkward and lovable in this scene. Watch video.
Austin Powers and The Mole
In Goldmember, Myers and Foxxy Brown, played by Beyonce, meet the Mole (Fred Savage), and Myers' inability to stop saying "mole" becomes one of the most memorable scenes from the third installment in the franchise.
Dr. Evil “Zip It”
Yes, Mike Myers is a phenomenal Austin Powers, but he’s also phenomenal as Dr. Evil. In The Spy Who Shagged Me, Myers has a memorable scene when Dr. Evil silences his son (Seth Green) with some questionable parenting techniques.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10