Mike Myers Expected to Close 'Austin Powers 4' Deal
Sources confirm to THR that the actor is expected to write, produce and star in a fourth installment of the series.
Mike Myers is close to committing to a fourth Austin Powers movie.
The comic actor, who last donned the false teeth and shaggy wig in 2002's Austin Powers in Goldmember, has for some time been mulling a proposal from New Line to return to the role.
Sources confirm a report Friday on the website Hitfix that Myers is expected to close a deal to write, produce and star in a fourth film. But sources caution that no deal has closed, and Myers, one of the more mercurial figures in Hollywood, could still opt out.
Myers last voiced the title character in DreamWorks Animation's successful Shrek franchise. Apart from a small role in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds, Myers last appeared in a live movie for Paramount's The Love Guru. The 2008 film grossed just $40.8 mil worldwide, receiving unflattering reception from critics and fans alike.
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery first hit theaters in 1997, with The Spy Who Shagged Me following in 1999. No word yet on a director for a fourth installment, though Jay Roach helmed the original trilogy -- which grossed $676,356,278 worldwide.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR