Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Plans to Leave 'Jersey Shore' to Begin Movie Career
Jersey Shore star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino is planning a career change: he wants to be an actor.
The reality TV star told E! Online, "Maybe in a year or so of reality, and then I'm going to graduate to movies. There's only so long you can rule the reality world."
Prior to joining MTV's hit series, Sorrentino worked at a Staten Island fitness center. He has since been a contestant on Dancing With the Stars, and earned an estimated $5 million last year through endorsements, his Jersey Shore salary and merchandising.
Sorrentino will head off to Italy soon to shoot the fourth season of Jersey Shore, after which he's keeping his options open. He said, "It's like Michael Jordan. There's only so long you keep winning them rings. You gotta move on and try something different."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR