'Jersey Shore's' Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino Enters Rehab
UPDATED: A rep for the MTV star declines to confirm whether Sorrentino is treating substance abuse issues.
Just days after MTV announced that it would be renewing Jersey Shore for a sixth season, one of its original cast members has entered rehab.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino has officially checked into an inpatient treatment program, a rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter. “Michael Sorrentino has spent the past several weeks at an undisclosed location for much needed rest and recuperation after his extensive production and appearance schedule,” the rep said in a statement, though they declined to confirm TMZ's report that Sorrentino is battling substance abuse issues.
As season five of his hit series drew to a close last week, the reality star had been mysteriously absent from the majority of the cast’s promotional appearances. Before that, Sorrentino had continued to make nightclub appearances across the globe, raking in anywhere between $15,000 to $50,000 per gig.
The sixth season of Jersey Shore is scheduled to begin shooting this summer. A representative for MTV did not immediately return THR's request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR