Mila Kunis Defends Natalie Portman's 'Black Swan' Dancing
Kunis disputes statements made by Portman's body double that the actress did only 5% of the dancing featured in the movie.
Add Mila Kunis to the list of those who have come to the defense of her Black Swan co-star Natalie Portman in the wake of accusations that her body double did most of the dancing in the movie.
On Monday, Kunis joined the movie's director, Darren Aronofsky, and Portman's fiance, Benjamin Millepied, in defending the actress, who won an Oscar for her role. Fox Searchlight, the studio behind Black Swan, also has insisted that Portman did most of the dancing in the movie.
"Natalie danced her a– off," Kunis told Entertainment Weekly. "I think it's unfortunate that this is coming out and taking attention away from [the praise] Natalie deserved and got."
Kunis also said Portman has admitted that her techniques were far from perfect.
"She'll tell you, no, she was not on pointe when she did a fouette [turn]," Kunis said. "No one's going to deny that. But she did do every ounce of every one of her dances. [Lane] wasn't used for everything. It was more like a safety net. If Nat wasn't able to do something, you'd have a safety net. The same thing that I had -- I had a double as a safety net. We all did. No one ever denied it."
Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday that Lane said via email that she earned $6,000 for just over six weeks of work on the movie, which has grossed $281.6 million at the worldwide box office so far.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!