HBO’s miniseries of the classic trades noir for melodrama.
Everything was aligned for HBO and director Todd Haynes to make an enormous splash with the five-part miniseries Mildred Pierce. A lot of potential viewers haven’t seen the 1945 film that garnered Joan Crawford an Oscar for her role as the title character, and there hasn’t been much current scholarship on James M. Cain’s 1941 novel, either.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR