Miles Teller to Play Dan Aykroyd in Belushi Biopic, Says Star Emile Hirsch
The "Whiplash" star is coming off praise for his work in the Sundance fest opener.
Miles Teller, who is drawing praise for his work in Sundance’s opener Whiplash, may have found his next project: Dan Aykroyd in the John Belushi biopic, which is being directed by Steve Conrad.
Emile Hirsch is starring in the movie and it was Hirsch who made the announcement at a party for the Creative Coalition Saturday night.
"A shout-out to Miles Teller!” he told the packed party. “We’re going to be working together soon. He’s playing Dan Aykroyd in the Belushi movie.” Teller was in the room when Hirch made the proclamation.
CAA, however, is saying any announcement may be premature. The actor does have the offer but insists the actor will take a beat to committing to any new project until after Sundance wraps and he finishes his press duties for his upcoming movie That Awkward Moment.
Aykroyd, one of Belushi's best friends and frequent collaborator, is an exec producer on the movie, putting Teller in the unique position of portraying someone who is also part of the filmmaking team.
Aykroyd was Belushi’s partner in crime and the two not only starred on Saturday Night Live in the late 1970s but also created The Blues Brothers, the iconic duo that spawned catch phrases and a wardrobe for a generation or two of college and high school teens.
Emjag's Alexandra Milchan and Bonnie Timmermann, Film 360's Scott Lambert, and Judy Belushi Pisano are producing.
Conrad penned the script based on the book Belushi by Belushi Pisano and Tanner Colby.
Teller is emerging as one of the top young talents in Hollywood and continues his hot streak that began at Sundance last year with the coming-of-age critical hit The Spectacular Now. He struck again Thursday with his electrifying performance opposite J.K. Simmons in Whiplash, on which buyers quickly pounced. The drama sold Friday for just under $ 3 million to Sony Pictures Classics.
He is repped by CAA, Bold Management and Stone Meyer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)