Miley Cyrus Defends Gay Marriage Tattoo Against Critics
"Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn't. GOD is the only judge honey," she tells a fan on Twitter.
Miley Cyrus had to defend her decision over the weekend to support gay marriage with an equal sign tattoo on her ring finger.
The singer-actress and former Disney star was met with critics, including one named @MileyCyrusLuver who told her to "look up Leviticus, 1 Corinthians. Read both chapters and tell me where God says homosexuality, incest, and polygamy is ok?"
Cyrus was quick to reply: "Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn't. GOD is the only judge honey. "GOD is love"
Soon after, @MileyCyrusLuver was deluged with Tweets -- and Cyrus asked her fans to tone it down.
"Dude everyone lay off @MileyCyrusLuver Love u! Everyone is entitled 2 opinions! "if u don't stand 4 something you'll fall for anything." :)" she Tweeted.
Cyrus debuted her tattoo on Friday, the same week gay marriage was legalized in New York City. "All LOVE is equal," she captioned her photo on Twitter.
Cyrus will next star in LOL alongside Demi Moore and Twilight's Ashley Greene.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"