Miley Cyrus Defends Gay Marriage Tattoo Against Critics
"Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn't. GOD is the only judge honey," she tells a fan on Twitter.
Miley Cyrus had to defend her decision over the weekend to support gay marriage with an equal sign tattoo on her ring finger.
The singer-actress and former Disney star was met with critics, including one named @MileyCyrusLuver who told her to "look up Leviticus, 1 Corinthians. Read both chapters and tell me where God says homosexuality, incest, and polygamy is ok?"
Cyrus was quick to reply: "Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn't. GOD is the only judge honey. "GOD is love"
Soon after, @MileyCyrusLuver was deluged with Tweets -- and Cyrus asked her fans to tone it down.
"Dude everyone lay off @MileyCyrusLuver Love u! Everyone is entitled 2 opinions! "if u don't stand 4 something you'll fall for anything." :)" she Tweeted.
Cyrus debuted her tattoo on Friday, the same week gay marriage was legalized in New York City. "All LOVE is equal," she captioned her photo on Twitter.
Cyrus will next star in LOL alongside Demi Moore and Twilight's Ashley Greene.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack