Miley Cyrus Engaged to 'Hunger Games' Star Liam Hemsworth
UPDATED: The 22-year-old actor proposed to his bride-to-be, 19, on May 31 with a Neil Lane engagement ring.
After three years of dating, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth are engaged.
Hemsworth, 22, the Australian actor who plays Gale in The Hunger Games film franchise, proposed to the 19-year-old Cyrus on May 31 with a 3.5 carat Neil Lane diamond ring, Hemsworth's rep confirms to THR.
"I'm so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam," the singer-actress says in a statement to People magazine.
A rep for Cyrus did not immediately respond to THR's requests for comment.
The pair formed a bond as co-stars in 2009's The Last Song. (On June 1, the day after Hemsworth popped the question, Cyrus tweeted: "heaven is a place on earth.")
Cyrus is working on her forthcoming album; Hemsworth has been shooting the crime drama Empire State in New Orleans, after which he will join Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman to film the thriller Paranoia, after which he jump back into Hunger Games mode to shoot the sequel alongside Jennifer Lawrence.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws