Miley Cyrus' Remarks at her Birthday Celebration Fuel New Publicity Scandal
The singer/actress was recently recorded calling herself a stoner on video at a celebration for her 19th birthday party.
Miley Cyrus has found herself in the midst of a publicity nightmare yet again.
The Daily published a video showing the 19-year-old singer/actress making sensational comments during a birthday celebration Nov. 22.
After being presented with a Bob Marley-themed cake, Cyrus said, "You know you're a stoner when your friends make you a Bob Marley cake," adding, "You know you smoke way too much f--king weed!"
However, Cyrus' rep quickly released a statement saying she was kidding around. "The cake was a joke and Miley was being sarcastic. It is all being completely taken out of context," the rep told Access Hollywood.
But, this isn't the first time the former Disney star has found herself embroiled in a public scandal.
In 2010 she was photographed smoking from a bong, she later claimed it was salvia, a legal hallucinogen, not marijuana.
But, she's been making waves since she was 15. In 2007 her Gmail account was hacked and a number of racy photos, including of her in the shower were released. She also caught flack for her semi-nude photo shoot with photographer Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair that same year. In 2009, another photo was released with the star seemingly making fun of Asians, and then later that year the then-16-year-old danced on a stripper-like pole during her People's Choice Awards performance. This year she took to Twitter to defend a recent tattoo.
In the new video, Cyrus' friend Kelly Osbourne can be heard quipping "I thought salvia was your problem, Miley?" after the singer's weed comments.
But, Osbourne later came to her defense, tweeting Sunday, "After @MileyCyrus salvia incident we started calling her bob miley as a JOKE! the cake was also A JOKE! It makes me sick that Miley's so-called 'friends' would sell her out and lead people to believe she is someone that she is not!"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game