Miley Cyrus to Star in God-Themed Comedy for Paramount (Exclusive)
Cyrus will star in and produce the untitled project from writers Sam Brown and Jack Angelo.
Paramount has preemptively picked up an untitled comedy pitch with Miley Cyrus attached to star and produce.
Cyrus will produce with her mother Tish Cyrus via the duo’s Hope Town Entertainment banner. Also producing is Andrew Panay, whose credits include Wedding Crashers and When in Rome.
The logline for the high-concept comedy from writers Jack Angelo and Sam Brown is being kept under wraps but it is understood to involve a broken promise to God.
Producing via Panay Films’ is Adam Glass; Jodi Zuckerman Weiner would exec produce.
Brown and Angelo, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, have set up several comedies around town, including Undateable, with Adam Shankman producing, housed at Disney.
Cyrus, the former Hannah Montana star, has successfully transitioned into adult roles. She last toplined the Nicholas Sparks romance The Last Song and has two movies in the can: Exclusive Media’s action comedy So Undercover and the Mandate comedy LOL, which also stars Demi Moore and Ashley Greene.
Cyrus is repped by CAA, Morey Management and Edelstein Laird and Sobel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR