Miley Cyrus to Star in God-Themed Comedy for Paramount (Exclusive)
Cyrus will star in and produce the untitled project from writers Sam Brown and Jack Angelo.
Paramount has preemptively picked up an untitled comedy pitch with Miley Cyrus attached to star and produce.
Cyrus will produce with her mother Tish Cyrus via the duo’s Hope Town Entertainment banner. Also producing is Andrew Panay, whose credits include Wedding Crashers and When in Rome.
The logline for the high-concept comedy from writers Jack Angelo and Sam Brown is being kept under wraps but it is understood to involve a broken promise to God.
Producing via Panay Films’ is Adam Glass; Jodi Zuckerman Weiner would exec produce.
Brown and Angelo, repped by UTA and Anonymous Content, have set up several comedies around town, including Undateable, with Adam Shankman producing, housed at Disney.
Cyrus, the former Hannah Montana star, has successfully transitioned into adult roles. She last toplined the Nicholas Sparks romance The Last Song and has two movies in the can: Exclusive Media’s action comedy So Undercover and the Mandate comedy LOL, which also stars Demi Moore and Ashley Greene.
Cyrus is repped by CAA, Morey Management and Edelstein Laird and Sobel.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR