Miley Cyrus Supports Gay Marriage With Tattoo
The former "Hannah Montana" star inks her ring finger as a symbol of support for same-sex marriage.
Miley Cyrus has added another tattoo to her collection, and this time it’s a symbol for marriage equality on her ring finger.
The singer tweeted a photo of her new ink on Saturday.“All LOVE is equal,” she tweeted, along with the photo. In the image, her other tattoo, a heart on her pinkie, can also be seen.
Cryus has often been vocal about her support of gay marriage on Twitter. In July, when the verdict for the Casey Anthony case was announced, Cyrus took a moment to express her disappointment on both the verdict and the fact that same-sex marriage was still illegal in the state.
“You know the world is skewed when people get away with murdering children but we cant get gay marriage legalized in the state of California," she tweeted.
In 2009, she voiced her support for Perez Hilton in his feud with the former Miss California, Carrie Prejean. After Prejean told the audience that she did not believe same-sex marriage should be legalized during the Miss USA pageant, Hilton launched an online campaign criticizing her comments.
“I am a Christian and I love you — gay or not,” he wrote to Perez Hilton. “Because you are no different that anyone else! We are all God’s children!”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR