'Millennium' Co-producer Nordisk Launches Swedish Effects House With Storm Studios
Norwegian company Storm did effects work on "Dead Snow" and "Max Manus."
COLOGNE, Germany - Scandinavian production and distribution giant Nordisk Film - a co-producer of Norwegian thriller Headhunters and the hit Millennium franchise including The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - has joined forces with hot Norwegian effects house Storm Studios to create a Swedish digital post-production company.
Storm cut its teeth on low budget, high gloss local productions including Tommy Wirkola's cult Nazi zombie movie Dead Snow and the World War II drama Max Manus.
The new operation, called Nordisk Film Shortcut, will be based in Stockholm and cover all aspects of digital post-production in film and television productions for the Swedish market. Nordisk will hold a majority share in the new company, which expects to be up-and-running by Sept. 19. It will be run by Hans Vermeij.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR