'Mindy Project' Actor Joins Rogen, Efron in 'Townies'
Ike Barinholtz has been cast in Universal’s upcoming raunchy comedy.
Ike Barinholtz has been cast as a lead in Townies, Universal’s raunchy comedy starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron.
The film, directed by Nick Stoller from a script written by Andrew Cohen and Brendan O’Brien, follows a man (Rogen) who lives near a frat house led by Efron’s character. The neighboring debauchery causes trouble for Rogen’s character’s home life.
It was recently announced that Rose Byrne, Dave Franco and Christopher Mintz-Plasse also have signed on to the project.
Townies is being produced by Good Universe and Rogen’s Point Grey Pictures. Rogen, Evan Goldberg and James Weaver are the producers. Good Universe’s Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are executive producing as are Cohen and O’Brien.
Barinholtz, a castmember on MADtv from 2002-07, plays series regular Morgan Tookers on Fox comedy The Mindy Project. He’s also an executive story editor with his writing partner David Stassen on the show.
Barinholtz is repped by UTA, Principato Young and Morris, Yorn, Barnes, Levine.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR