MIPCOM: '2 Guns' Director Relaunches Icelandic Production Shingle
RVK Studios, based in Reykjavik, is pitched as a full-service film and TV production and special effects house.
CANNES -- 2 Guns director Baltasar Kormakur has relaunched his 13-year-old Icelandic production company Blueeyes Productions as full-service operation RVK Studios, aiming to offer film and TV production and SFX services for local and international projects.
Magnus Vidar Sigurdsson will run RVK (the acronym comes from the abbreviation for the Icelandic capital Reykjavik) as managing director-. Sigurjon Kjartansson is head of development. Other execs include producer Agnes Johansen and head of finance Sigridur Stefansdottir.
RVK Studios has several projects in production, including Iceland's Got Talent, the local version of the global hit format; Icelandic animated series Hulli and the feature film FUSI from Noi Albinoi director Dagur Kari.
The company also has multiple projects in development, including a crime series, Trapped, a sci-fi serial Eye Online and the action feature film Viking.
Kormakur is currently in pre-production on his next feature, Everest, starring Josh Brolin, Jason Clarke, Jake Gyllenhaal and John Hawkes, which is being set up as a co-production between Universal Pictures, Working Title and Emmett/Furla Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR