MIPCOM 2012 : Content TV Launches Production/Financing Deal With Back2Back
The first production under the new agreement will be the six-part documentary series “The Royals.”
CANNES – Distribution group Content Television has singed a new, two-year funding and production deal with U.K. non-fiction production house Back2Back that will see the two partner on the financing, production and international distribution of documentary and other non-fiction content.
The first project greenlit under the new agreement is The Royals, a six-part documentary series detailing the behind-the-scenes lives of the British royal family. Back2Back heads Simon Shaps and David Notman-Watt will produce The Royals and Content will handle worldwide sales.
The Back2Back deal follows a similar agreement between Content Televison’s parent company Content Media Corporation and L.A-based formats group Small World, which will see the two firms jointly develop a portfolio of TV formats for the international market. Content also recently expanded its production operations by taking a 50 percent stake in Alex Gibney’s Jigsaw Productions, producers of Oscar-winning documentary Taxi to the Dark Side(2005), the Oscar-nominated Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room (2005) and upcoming Lance Armstrong doc The Road Back.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!