MIPCOM 2012: Disney Launches Movie On-Demand Service in Portugal With Local Operator ZON
The subscription-based offering is the first of its kind for Disney in Europe.
CANNES – Disney has announced its first branded movie on demand service in Europe, unveiling plans for a SVOD service in Portugal in cooperation with local media group ZON.
The Disney Movies on-demand service will launch in Portugal in November, offering an on-demand selection of Disney and Pixar movies, among them Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Ratatouille and Enchanted.
The offering, the first of its kind for Disney in the key European and Middle Eastern market, is part of the studio’s continuing drive to control the branding of its feature content internationally, even when it does not own the distribution outlets its films are screened on.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jena Malone Serenades Us For The Shoe's 'I'm Okay' Album - Listen Now!
- Ian Somerhalder Reunites with Maggie Grace & 'Lost' Cast at PaleyFest 2014!
- Dwyane Wade Helps Hold Up Fiance Gabrielle Union's Gown While Attending 'Call of the Game' Dinner
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian is the 'Hottest Coach Ever'!