MIPCOM 2012: Disney Launches Movie On-Demand Service in Portugal With Local Operator ZON
The subscription-based offering is the first of its kind for Disney in Europe.
CANNES – Disney has announced its first branded movie on demand service in Europe, unveiling plans for a SVOD service in Portugal in cooperation with local media group ZON.
The Disney Movies on-demand service will launch in Portugal in November, offering an on-demand selection of Disney and Pixar movies, among them Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Ratatouille and Enchanted.
The offering, the first of its kind for Disney in the key European and Middle Eastern market, is part of the studio’s continuing drive to control the branding of its feature content internationally, even when it does not own the distribution outlets its films are screened on.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead