MIPCOM 2012: Endemol Sells 'Steve Harvey Show' to Africa
Electronic Media Network has acquired it to air on its Mnet Channel throughout the continent.
LONDON - Endemol said Friday that it has sold daytime talk show The Steve Harvey Show to Electronic Media Network, whose Mnet Channel will air it throughout Africa.
The first season of more than 200 episodes will air on Mnet, but the acquisition also includes a further two seasons of the newly launched U.S. show.
Financial details of the deal, announced ahead of MIPCOM 2012 next week, weren't disclosed.
The show is produced by Endemol USA and airs on NBC in the U.S. with strong early ratings.
Tracey Gilchrist, program executive: series and action channel at Electronic Media Network, said: “Steve Harvey is known in Africa for his humorous take on various topics and for telling it like it is. This is what adds a little bit of magic in the minds and hearts of our viewers.“
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera