MIPCOM 2012: ITV Studios Strikes Latest Drama Sales Deals Ahead of Market
Networks in Latin America, Asia and New Zealand have acquired such series as surgeon drama "Monroe" and detective show "Lewis."
LONDON - U.K. commercial broadcaster ITV said Tuesday that its ITV Studios Global Entertainment has signed a number of deals for its drama franchises with networks in Latin America, Asia and New Zealand ahead of MIPCOM.
Latin American cable network Pramer has acquired a 52-hour drama package from ITV Studios for its Film&Arts channel. Titles include season two of crime series Case Histories, season two of Monroe, which stars James Nesbitt as a genius neurosurgeon, season three of crime show Vera and season six of detective series Lewis.
In Asia, True Visions in Thailand and AXN Korea have acquired the second seasons of Case Histories, and Prime TV New Zealand has acquired the second season of Monroe.
"These sales demonstrate the ability of our dramas to travel internationally, becoming returning favorites of broadcasters’ schedules around the world," said Tobi de Graaff, director of global television distribution, ITV Studios Global Entertainment. "We look forward to presenting our new drama slate this Mipcom, which I am sure will prove just as successful.”
ITV Studios has been a key financial growth driver for ITV, which has looked to increase the number of shows it sells globally.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services