MIPCOM 2012: Nine Networks takes 'The Taste'
The Australian broadcaster picks up ABC's new cooking competition show and secures local remake rights.
CANNES - Nine Network Australia is sampling The Taste. The down under broadcaster has picked up ABC's new cooking competition show, featuring celebrity chefs Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain, as well as secured local remake rights for the format from sales group Red Arrow International.
ABC has put in an eight episode order for the foodie format, in which Lawson and Bourdain head up a distinctpanel of four judges pitting America’s most skilled chefs against one another.
The format was created by Chris Coelen's Kinetic Content, a subsidiary of the German-based Red Arrow.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR