MIPCOM 2012: Saban Brands to Unveil New 'Power Rangers' Episodes at Kids' Market
Forty fresh installments of the 20-year-old action franchise will debut Saturday in Cannes.
Those pesky Power Rangers will hit the Croisette Saturday morning as the characters' originator, Saban Brands, unveils 40 new episodes of the 20-year-old action franchise during the two-day Mipcom Jr. kids market in Cannes.
Hundreds of program purchasers will be on hand at the Martinez hotel for the annual buying and selling bazaar. The availability of new episodes to international children's buyers comes on the heels of several ratings successes for the current Power Rangers Samurai series -- in France, Germany, the U.K. and Australia. In France, for example, Power Rangers Samurai, airing on Gulli, ranked last month as the No. 1 kids action series in the country with Boys 4-14 and the No. 3 series in France amongst Boys 4-14 overall.
"The undeniable ratings success of Power Rangers places this evergreen brand in an enviable position as we move into 2013 celebrating 20 years on air," said Saban Brands president Elie Dekel. "It is not often that our industry celebrates this level of sustained success."
Following its introduction to U.S. audiences in spring 1993, Power Rangers quickly became one of the most-watched children's TV shows in the United States. Twenty years on, Power Rangers Megaforce will premiere in the U.S. in 2013 on Nickelodeon.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR