MIPCOM 2012: Shaftesbury and ZDF Enterprises Partner on Michael Poryes Comedy
The "Hannah Montana" creator's latest project, "Do Over," is a tween series about a 15 year-old aspiring songwriter who can repeat events in her life.
CANNES – Hoping it has the next Hannah Montana on its hands, Canadian indie producer Shaftesbury Films is partnering with ZDF Enterprises to launch the tween series Do-Over at MIPCOM with Michael Poryes.
The deal is among the first out of Shaftesbury’s Los Angeles office, from where Shaftesbury is making a huge push into the U.S. market.
Do Over is a half-hour comedy that portrays a 15 year-old aspiring songwriter able to “do-over” events in her life.
Shaftesbury and ZDF Enterprises will handle distribution of the series from Poryes, the Hannah Montana creator.
“We’re incredibly excited to be working with the creator of some of the industry’s most successful series for tween audiences,” said Tom Mazza, co-head of Shaftesbury U.S.
In other Canadian market news at MIPCOM, Canadian producer/distributor Bejuba! Entertainment is pacting with Ameba, the streaming TV provider, to get Canadian kids series like The Big Comfy Couch, Musti and Sooti on digital platforms like Google TV, Roku, and the iPhone and iPad.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR