MIPCOM 2012: Shine, Shanghai Media Group Unveil ‘MasterChef,’ ‘Minute To Win It’ Deals for China
“MasterChef” China's return follows the success of the cooking format's debut series on Dragon TV.
News Corp's Shine and Shanghai Media Group (SMG) unveiled a deal at Mipcom Wednesday for a second series of MasterChef and the debut of a locally produced version of Minute To Win It in China on SMG's Dragon TV.
MasterChef China's return follows the success of the cooking format's debut series on Dragon TV. Concluding this Sunday, the show has to date reached an audience of 118 million.
Additionally, the parties have agreed terms for Minute To Win It to air in a customized version on Dragon. Pre-production begins immediately on both series, which are due to air in 2013.
Both deals were brokered by Mark Fennessy, president of Shine Network, and Betty Chen, director of business affairs for Shine International, with Yang Wenhong, VP of SMG and president of DragonTV, and Joy Xu, VP of DragonTV.
"We're delighted to expand our partnership with SMG with the return of MasterChefand the remarkable drama of the hugely successful Minute To Win It," Fennessy said.
Yang Wenhong added: "There's no question the production of MasterChef China has been made to the highest standard in China, leading to an impressive audience size and advertisement. We are thrilled with this partnership continuing and strengthening."
From its original launch in the U.K., MasterChef has been formatted in some 35 countries worldwide, breaking ratings records in many territories including Australia, India and Israel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)