MIPCOM 2012: Sparks Networks Adds Three TV Banners
Zig Zag Productions, Serena Cullen Productions and Korea's KOEN Media have joined the company, which aims to bring global independent producer output to market.
LONDON – A brace of U.K. TV banners, Zig Zag Productions and Serena Cullen Productions, along with Korea's KOEN Media have joined the global format alliance umbrella company Sparks Networks.
Swedish-based Sparks Networks aims to bring together global independent producers and help them gain a competitive edge in the international market.
Members share IP and benefit from first right option deals as well as the opportunity to export their own formats.
Sparks Networks managing director Nicola Söderlund said he was delighted to welcome the new members to Sparks.
"Each one has a genuine international outlook, which is what we are all about," Söderlund said. "It has been some years since we had a presence in the U.K. market so these two new members are especially good news."
Serena Cullen has over 20 years experience in film and TV with a resume boasting programs such as This Life, Waking the Dead and Doctors.
In 2009 Cullen set up her own production company and is currently working with Hartswood Films on Me and Mrs Jones, a comedy for the BBC.
Danny Fenton and Kevin Utton set up Zig Zag Productions in 1999.
The company has produced over 500 hours of entertainment television for the global market and won a Rose D’Or for the game show Relentless.
KOEN Media is the leading independent producer in South Korea with a portfolio including Miracle Audition and Show me the Money.
It has also worked on the production of the US hit show 1 vs. 100.
"KOEN Media takes over from our old member in South Korea. We previously had a distributor onboard so to have a producer as a member is a positive step for us," Söderlund said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!