MIPCOM: 'Bourne Legacy' Writer-Director Team With 'Hannibal' Producer for Paris-based Series
Gaumont International Television will produce and distribute period drama series “Monsieur de Paris,” about the nation's official executioner, from Tony Gilroy and Dan Gilroy.
Gaumont International Television, producers of NBC's Hannibal and Netflix's Hemlock Grove, have joined forces with director-writer brothers Tony and Dan Gilroy (The Bourne Legacy) on Monsieur de Paris, a new one-hour drama series set in 1930s France.
The series, which Gaumont will produce and sell worldwide, is Oscar-nominated director Tony Gilroy's first venture into TV. The Gilroys will co-write and executive produce the series, which follows France's official executioner, the keeper of the guillotine, who is both state-sanctioned killer and husband and family man.
"We've waited a long time to find the right moment, the right idea, and the right place to have a long-form adventure," said Tony Gilroy, who will also direct the series. "Everyone knows the most imaginative, electric storytelling is happening on the second screen these days and we're terribly excited about being part of it."
Gaumont International Television will pitch the series to international broadcasters at global TV confab MIPCOM in Cannes next month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For