MIPCOM: China Goes for 'The Taste'
CCTV2 will air a local-language version of the cooking competition show.
CANNES - CCTV 2, Chinese second largest channel, has picked up local adaptation rights to cooking competition show The Taste from Germany's Red Arrow International.
The Taste, the U.S. version of which has been renewed for a second season at ABC, was created by Kinetic Content and has been a international success, with sales to CTV in Canada, Germany's Sat.1, Channel 4 in the UK, M6 in France and Australia's Nine Network.
The format has four celebrity judges - including in the U.S. version foodie favorites Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain - who rate chefs based on the taste of their dishes alone.
The Chinese version of the show, called Wei Jue Da Zhan (The Big Battle of the Taste), will kick off with casting calls in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Guang Zhou.
Premiere on CCTV2 is set for November.
Siemens Home Appliance will be the exclusive sponsor of the show in China.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game