MIPCOM: China Goes for 'The Taste'
CCTV2 will air a local-language version of the cooking competition show.
CANNES - CCTV 2, Chinese second largest channel, has picked up local adaptation rights to cooking competition show The Taste from Germany's Red Arrow International.
The Taste, the U.S. version of which has been renewed for a second season at ABC, was created by Kinetic Content and has been a international success, with sales to CTV in Canada, Germany's Sat.1, Channel 4 in the UK, M6 in France and Australia's Nine Network.
The format has four celebrity judges - including in the U.S. version foodie favorites Nigella Lawson and Anthony Bourdain - who rate chefs based on the taste of their dishes alone.
The Chinese version of the show, called Wei Jue Da Zhan (The Big Battle of the Taste), will kick off with casting calls in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, and Guang Zhou.
Premiere on CCTV2 is set for November.
Siemens Home Appliance will be the exclusive sponsor of the show in China.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!