MIPCOM: Discovery Europe Acquires 'Fool's Gold' From 11 Television (Exclusive)
The eight-part doc series will be a comic take on the cut-throat world of gold mining.
CANNES - Treasure-hunting Discovery Europe has acquired Fool's Gold from Canadian factual TV producer 11 Television Canada.
The comic take on cut-throat gold mining is shooting in Fort Frances, Ontario as the doc series gets set to air in 2014 on Discovery Canada, and across Europe and Africa on Discovery Europe.
"Gold is serious business, and Discovery’s gold-themed programming has been a huge hit with our viewers over the past few seasons,” said Edwina Follows, director of commissioning and production at Discovery Canada on Sunday.
The 8-part half-hour series follows Todd Ryznar and childhood friends hitting the mother lode in an abandoned gold mine.
Commissioned by Discovery Canada and picked up by Discovery Europe, Fool's Gold was developed by Kevin Healey and Hilary Frimond.
Healey, Chris Hilton and Jesse Fawcett are executive producing, with Phil Hutchins as vp of production.
International distribution for the series is handled by Eleven Television and TCB Media Rights.
11 Television Canada is best known for its Panic Button, Cover Me Canada, Destination Fear and Risky Business series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR