MIPCOM to explore 'Pillars of the Earth'
Show's creators will host Producers' Forum Master Class
PARIS -- This year's upcoming MIPCOM market will feature a case study of epic proportions when the partners of eight-hour TV miniseries "The Pillars of the Earth" present the secrets behind their innovative project in Cannes, organizers Reed MIDEM said Thursday.
The show's creators will host a "Pillars of the Earth" Master Class on Oct. 4 as part of the Producers' Forum program. Tandem Communications' Senior Partner and Managing Director Rola Bauer and Scott Free TV President David W. Zucker will give the Master Class presentation and talk about how the major co-production deal came about.
The Master Class will also explore the creative models and production strategies involved in the $40 million adaptation of Ken Follet's best-selling novel even in the midst of a global financial crisis.
" 'The Pillars of the Earth' is a ground-breaking co-production that perfectly illustrates how producers are now operating across borders for creative collaboration," Director of Reed MIDEM's TV division Laurine Garaude said.
The Producers' Forum will be held in Cannes on Oct. 4 and 5.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!