MIPCOM: FremantleMedia Locks in Multiyear Digital Deal With China's Youku Portal
The partnership will allow their popular reality shows, such as "American Idol" and "X Factor," to stream on the Chinese version of YouTube.
CANNES -- FremantleMedia International has signed a multiyear digital deal with Chinese video streaming portal Youku that will allow Fremantle shows, including X Factor USA, America's Got Talent, Project Runway and American Idol, to stream on the Chinese equivalent of YouTube.
Youku is the world's second-largest online video platform behind YouTube, boasting some 200 million mobile users and averaging 14 million unique users per day.
"Youku is a fantastic outlet for our programming in China, allowing some of our best known shows to reach millions of new viewers," said Ganesh Rajaram, FremantleMedia International exec vp for Asia. "Our brands have repeatedly demonstrated their mass appeal around the world, so it's fitting and exciting that they can now reach such a thriving new market."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'