MIPCOM: ITV Inks Volume Deal With Australia's UKTV
The deal includes ITV crime series "Prime Suspect," "Lewis" and "Inspector Morse."
CANNES -- ITV Studios Global Entertainment has closed a major volume deal with UKTV in Australia that will see the Aussie net take 227 hours of drama and entertainment programming from the British group.
The deal will include a raft of ITV's crime procedurals, including Prime Suspect, A Touch of Frost, Inspector Morse and Morse spin-off Lewis. Quiz show Eggheads and
annual variety show The Royal Variety Performance, recorded at London's Royal Albert Hall, are amongst the entertainment programming included in the deal.
As the channel's name would suggest, the focus of UKTV's programming is British. The network's line-up includes popular Brit soaps Coronation Street and Emmerdale.
Dan Edwards, ITV Studios Global Entertainment sales exec for Australia, brokered the deal.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR