MIPCOM: ITV Inks Volume Deal With Australia's UKTV
The deal includes ITV crime series "Prime Suspect," "Lewis" and "Inspector Morse."
CANNES -- ITV Studios Global Entertainment has closed a major volume deal with UKTV in Australia that will see the Aussie net take 227 hours of drama and entertainment programming from the British group.
The deal will include a raft of ITV's crime procedurals, including Prime Suspect, A Touch of Frost, Inspector Morse and Morse spin-off Lewis. Quiz show Eggheads and
annual variety show The Royal Variety Performance, recorded at London's Royal Albert Hall, are amongst the entertainment programming included in the deal.
As the channel's name would suggest, the focus of UKTV's programming is British. The network's line-up includes popular Brit soaps Coronation Street and Emmerdale.
Dan Edwards, ITV Studios Global Entertainment sales exec for Australia, brokered the deal.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!