MIPCOM 2012: ITV Studios Primes Israeli Game Show 'The Money Pump' for U.S., UK Remakes
The British broadcaster's international production arms will also make local versions for Germany, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
CANNES – Dori Media Group has licensed the format for the Israeli game show The Money Pump to ITV Studios for eight major markets.
Local ITV production companies will make local versions for the UK, the U.S., Germany, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
The Money Pump game show puts contestants in head-to-head in competition in front of a terrifying money pump, where they must answer trivia questions against the clock to win.
“The Money Pump really complements our existing global portfolio and our local ITV Studios teams look forward to producing the show in their market,” Paul Buccieri, managing director of ITV Studios International and president and CEO of ITV Studios America, said of the deal with Dori Media Group.
Dori Media Darset and Tanin Productions are at work on a second season of The Money Pump, created by Gili Golan, Adi Golan and Harel Joseffson, for Israel’s Reshet Channel 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)