MIPCOM: ITV2 Commissions Horror Game Show 'Release the Hounds'
Contestants must endure a night of terror to win cash in the format from Sony Pictures TV.
Sony Pictures Television is looking to combine the horror and game-show genres with its new format, Release the Hounds, which Britain's ITV2 has just commissioned for a first season and which Sony will present to international broadcasters at MIPCOM in Cannes next week.
Sony's U.K. joint venture Gogglebox Entertainment created and produced the one-hour format, which ITV2 plans to launch in late October to tie in with Halloween.
Well-known U.K. television and radio personality Reggie Yates will host the original British version of the show.
The premise of Release the Hounds has three unsuspecting contestants entering a forest at dusk, responding to an advertisement offering a chance to win chests full of prize money. What they don't know is that to retrieve the keys needed to unlock the chests, they must endure a night of horror-filled challenges, including outrunning a pack of hounds trained to guard the cash.
Gogglebox founders Adam Wood and Mat Steiner are executive producers on Release the Hounds, which was commissioned by ITV commissioning editor Kate Maddigan and ordered for ITV2 by Angela Jain, ITV's director of digital channels and acquisitions.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'