MIPCOM: Ovation Picks Up Canadian Drama 'Murdoch Mysteries'
The U.S. arts network picked up all seven seasons of the cop drama set in 1890s Toronto.
CANNES -- Shaftesbury and ITV Studios Global Entertainment have sold the Canadian period drama Murdoch Mysteries to Ovation, the U.S. arts network.
Ovation picked up all seven seasons, or 96 episodes, of the cop drama based on author Maureen Jennings' Detective Murdoch novels, set in late-1890s Toronto.
The Canadian series, which stars Yannick Bisson, has already been licensed in more than 100 territories worldwide.
"The Detective Murdoch series has proven to be popular with broadcasters worldwide that are looking for quality drama for their schedules. And we're delighted that Ovation's viewers will also have the opportunity to watch this fantastic show," said Craig Bohland, ITV's vp sales USA and Canada, in a statement Wednesday.
The seventh season of Murdoch Mysteries is currently shooting in Toronto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR