MIPCOM: 'Shark Tank' Sells to Germany, Spain
Sony Pictures Television inks deals with Germany's Vox and TVE in Spain for local versions of the entrepreneur competition show, also known as "Dragons' Den."
CANNES -- Reality series Dragons' Den, or Shark Tank as the U.S. version on ABC is called, is coming to Germany and Spain thanks to a pair of deals announced by Sony Pictures Television.
Commercial network Vox in Germany and Spanish pubweb TVE have both commissioned local versions of the reality entertainment program in which hopeful entrepreneurs pitch their ideas to a panel of business experts.
Sony's own German production group will produce the German version of the show for Vox, to be titled Die Hohle des Lowen (Lions' Den), while Spanish shingle Pulso TV will produce the Spanish version for TVE.
Dragons' Den has been a global hit, with local versions airing in Australia, Russia, Canada and Saudi Arabia. The British version of Dragons' Den is currently in its 11th season, while the fifth season of Shark Tank is now airing on ABC in the U.S.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'