MIPCOM: Viewster Adds Starz Digital Media, Shine Group Series to Lineup (Exclusive)
The European VOD operator has added titles like the BBC drama "Mayday" and Channel 4's "Skins" to its streaming portal.
CANNES -- Swiss-based VOD operator Viewster has launched new programming from Starz Digital Media, Shine Group, Dori Media Group and ALL3MEDIA as part of its on-demand offering.
In all, Viewster has added around 500 hours of content, including the BBC drama Mayday, Moving Wallpaper from Shine Group, and Channel 4's Skins and Fresh Meat series.
Also new to Viewster is Starz Digital Media's Head Case, Gravity, starring Ving Rhames, and Hollywood Residential.
Korean producer KBS Media has licensed the Korean sensation Boys Over Flowers and other dramatic programming for the U.S. market.
"We are in a transition from a broad library toward top international series that we are making available free and ad-supported on the other side of the Atlantic," Viewster CEO Kai Henniges said Tuesday.
The ad-supported VOD portal is looking to diversify its content as it targets a growing audience in Europe, the U.S., Asia and Australia.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10