MIPTV 2012: Thunderbird, Flux and Telegael Fly to 'Wiki the Kiwi'
The Canadian, Irish and New Zealand partners will produce a CGI pre-school series about a bird that cannot fly befriending a bat who can.
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Thunderbird Films and New Zealand’s Flux Animation Studios and Ireland’s Telegael are to co-produce the CGI pre-school series Wiki The Kiwi.
Around 78 seven-minute episodes are on the drawing board for a kids series about a bird who cannot fly, but befriends a bat who can.
The deal was unveiled in Cannes by Thunderbird Films president Michael Shepard, Paul Cummins, CEO of Telegael and Geoff Watson, executive producer for Flux Animation, for whom the Kiwi bird is New Zealand’s national hero.
Thunderbird finding Wiki the Kiwi follows the Vancouver-based producer opening a Los Angeles office led by former Porchlight Entertainment exec Joe Broido and receiving a major investment from Lionsgate founder Frank Guistra.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills