MIPTV 2013: Shaftesbury to Shop TV Rights to Goalpost Film Titles
Movies from the U.K. foreign sales company available include Michael Winterbottom’s "The Trip," Rupert Wyatt's "The Escapist" and Kevin Costner’s "Dances with Wolves."
TORONTO – Canadian indie distributor Shaftesbury is pacting with Goalpost Film to offer TV rights to theatrical releases from the U.K. foreign sales company.
Titles to be shopped first at MIPTV include Michael Winterbottom’s The Trip, Sundance hit The Escapist, directed by Rupert Wyatt, and Kevin Costner’s Dances with Wolves.
“It is great to be in partnership with Shaftesbury on our library titles, as the company has such a distinct and strong presence within the televisual marketplace that will serve the titles well,” Goalpost Film managing director Tristan Whalley said Wednesday in a statement.
Other Goalpost Film titles include James Bogle’s Closed for Winter, Cherie Nowlan’s Clubland, Jim Wilson’s Head Above Water, and Jean Charles, by director Henrique Goldman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack