MIPTV 2014: StudioCanal CEO Olivier Courson to Deliver Keynote Speech
The executive will partner with Tandem Communications president Rola Bauer to deliver a talk on the global TV market at the industry confab in Cannes in April.
PARIS -- StudioCanal CEO Olivier Courson and Tandem Communications president Rola Bauer are teaming up to deliver a keynote speech at this year's MIPTV market in Cannes.
The pair will deliver their perspective on international co-productions at the television confab on Apr. 8, offering their insight into global market changes in a talk titled "European Sensibility -- Global Appeal," as well as detail how the companies have grown the vertically integrated Tandem television production arm within the larger film studio system.
The French mini-major StudioCanal took a majority stake in the Munich-based Tandem Communications in 2011, and since then the company has produced the NBC cop drama Crossing Lines, as well as the Lionsgate co-production Sex, Lies and Handwriting.
MIPTV will also be hosting the international red carpet premiere of Power, with stars Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson and Omari Hardwick attending the opening night gala on Apr. 7 before it screens for international buyers during the four-day fest.
MIPTV will be held in Cannes Apr. 7-10.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws