MIPTV: A+E to Launch H2 Channel in the U.K.
The History Channel spin-off network bowed in the U.S. in 2011.
CANNES - A + E Networks will launch a British version of its H2 channel, a History Channel spin off, in the U.K. next month.
H2 launched in the U.S. in 2011 and has been a solid performer, rated the number one emerging network (non-sports networks reaching fewer than 70 million viewers) stateside by Nielsen ratings.
The British version of H2 will launch May 4 with the disaster documentary series Serial Killer Earth and H2's military competition reality show Ultimate Soldier Challenge. H2 will go out in the U.K. on both the BSkyB and Virgin Media pay-TV platforms.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game