MIPTV: A+E to Launch H2 Channel in the U.K.
The History Channel spin-off network bowed in the U.S. in 2011.
CANNES - A + E Networks will launch a British version of its H2 channel, a History Channel spin off, in the U.K. next month.
H2 launched in the U.S. in 2011 and has been a solid performer, rated the number one emerging network (non-sports networks reaching fewer than 70 million viewers) stateside by Nielsen ratings.
The British version of H2 will launch May 4 with the disaster documentary series Serial Killer Earth and H2's military competition reality show Ultimate Soldier Challenge. H2 will go out in the U.K. on both the BSkyB and Virgin Media pay-TV platforms.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama