MIPTV: Bruce Kalish and Shaftesbury U.S. to 'Fade In'
The veteran TV producer is following Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy from Cookie Jar Entertainment to develop the tween half-hour.
TORONTO – Bruce Kalish (Power Rangers) has followed Tom Mazza and Maggie Murphy from Cookie Jar Entertainment to Shaftesbury Films’s Los Angeles satellite office to develop the tween series Fade In.
Kalish, who created and executive produced the tween hybrid series Mudpit for Cookie Jar, is now stick-handling a half-hour series about a 15-year-old aspiring filmmaker coping with his eccentric family and friends by documenting his life on camera.
Murphy and Mazza last year moved over from Cookie Jar to launch the Shaftesbury U.S. office as co-heads, and are now rolling out their development slate at MIPTV.
Kalish earlier worked with Toronto-based Shaftesbury Films on Aaron Stone for Disney XD.
“I look forward to the same supportive and creative partnership I’ve always enjoyed while working with Shaftesbury,” said Kalish.
“They’ve gathered a great team of executives, many of whom I’ve worked with over the years,” he added in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10