MIPTV: BSkyB, Starz Team on 'Fortitude'
The new Arctic-set drama will be the first co-production between the U.S. and U.K. pay TV channels.
CANNES - British pay TV channel BSkyB and U.S. pay network Starz will team up on a new drama series, Fortitude.
The 13-part series, which Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect will co-produce for Starz in the U.S. and BSkyB's Sky Atlantic channel in the U.K. is the first co-production between the two pay-TV players.
The series, announced by BSkyB managing director of content Sophie Turner Laing, is set in a small, tight knit community in the Arctic that has never experienced violent crime. The brutal murder of a British research scientist sends a shockwave through the community and starts to unravel the bonds of trust between friends and neighbors.
Fortitude is written by Simon Donald (Low Winter Sun) and will be executive produced by Anne Mensah and Madonna Baptiste for Sky, Patrick Spence and Simon Donald for Fifty Fathoms and Tiger Aspect and Colin Callender for Starz.
Fortitude will begin shooting on location later this year and will bow on Starz and Sky Atlantic in 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR