MIPTV: Canada's 9 Story Takes CCI Entertainment's Family Catalog
The kids and family producer secures a first-look deal with its rival, and the duo will collaborate on new projects.
TORONTO – Canadian kids TV producer and distributor 9 Story Entertainment has acquired the family catalog of rival producer CCI Entertainment.
The agreement will see 9 Story secure about 1,000 half-hours of content from CCI Kids, the family content division of Charles Falzon’s and Arnie Zipursky’s CCI Entertainment, for exploitation.
The agreement deal also sees 9 Story secure a first look at future CCI-produced or acquired programming, while both Canadian indie producers will collaborate on new projects.
“Bringing CCI’s exceptional children’s and family library into the fold fits perfectly with 9 Story’s strategy to significantly grow our distribution business as its quality and diversity compliments our own,” 9 Story co-founders Vince Commisso, president and CEO, and Steven Jarosz, senior vp and COO, say in a joint statement.
CCI’s library includes titles like Artzooka, Harry and His Bucketful of Dinosaurs, Turbo Dogs, Extreme Babysitting, Erky Perky and GeoFreakZ.
The CCI catalog is also filled with classic kids TV fare like Sharon, Lois & Bram’s Elephant Show and Shining Time Station.
In other Canadian MIPTV news, Murdoch Mysteries’ star Yannick Bisson is to star in the Breakthrough Entertainment preschool series The Adventures of Napkin Man for the CBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10