MIPTV: Channel 5 Buys Mark Burnett's 'The Bible' for U.K.
The show drew strong ratings for History in the U.S., but also had viewers discussing the physical similarity between the actor portraying the devil and President Obama.
LONDON -- The U.S. mini-series The Bible, created by producer and three-time Emmy Award winner Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor, The Apprentice) is coming to British screens.
U.K. network broadcaster Channel 5 has inked a deal for the five-part 10-hour show that combines live action and computer-generated imagery to tell stories from Genesis to Revelations.
Channel 5 acquisitions & channel manager Marie-Claire Dunlop said: "The show has been nothing short of a sensation, watched by millions of people in the states. To have it on Channel 5 is incredibly exciting - these are stories that can’t fail to draw you in."
Burnett's One Three Media distributes the series and brokered the deal with Dunlop.
"Channel 5 has a long history of bringing the most compelling series to the U.K. audience. We think [Channel] 5 is the perfect home for The Bible and look forward to the show drawing a huge audience like it has in the US and around the world," said C. Scot Cru, svp of international at One Three Media.
The Bible series is being produced for History by Lightworkers Media and Hearst Entertainment & Syndication.
Executive producers are Burnett, Roma Downey and Richard Bedser.
Executive producers for History are Dirk Hoogstra and Julian P. Hobbs.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)