MIPTV: Disney XD Pre-Buys Canadian Kids Game Show 'Japinizi: Going, Going, Gong!'
Canadian kids channel YTV and a hot of Disney channels internationally also picked up the format adaptation of the ABC reality show "I Survived a Japanese Game Show."
TORONTO - Canadian kids producer marblemedia is turning the former ABC reality game show I Survived a Japanese Game Show into a Japanese-style reality game show pre-bought for Disney XD in the U.S. market and a slew of Disney channels internationally.
The Japanizi: Going, Going, Gong! adaptation has also been sold to the Canadian kids cable channel YTV and its French language counterpart VRAK.
The ABC reality show I Survived A Japanese Game Show, originally called Big in Japan, was created by David Sidebotham.
marblemedia’s 40 half hour kids game show adaptation will feature four teams of two contestants moving through three elimination rounds of physical gags and over-the-top stunts to reach a final winner.
The studio-based kids game show will make use of zany costumes, conveyor belts, dizzy chairs, giant fans and velcro walls.
The Canadian producer licensed the format rights from Small World IFT, and will debut the English language adaptation in the U.S. on Disney XD and YTV in Fall 2013.
That will be followed by the launch of Japanizi: Going, Going, Gong! in 2014 on Disney channels in Europe, Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia Pacific, including Australia, India and South East Asia territories, as part of an agreement with Distribution 360, a division of marblemedia.
Toronto-based marblemedia is no stranger to kids slapstick mayhem as the producer of Splatalot, the Canadian medieval-themed physical game show that reached into over 120 markets worldwide.
“We’ve had great success with Splatalot and we were looking for a follow-up program with a similar sensibility of physical humor, but which is more studio-based,” marblemedia co-CEO and executive producer Matt Hornburg told the Hollywood Reporter from Cannes.
Jocelyn Hamilton, who supervises original programming for YTV and Corus Kids Television, added Japanizi: Going, Going, Gong! is the perfect follow-up show for Splatalot as it also offers co-viewing opportunities for parents and their children.
“It’s fun, comedic and participatory. It will have crazy surprises around every corner,” Hamilton said of the game show and its family vibe.
Distribution 360 will handle worldwide distribution of the kids game show series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed