MIPTV: Endemol to Sell AMC's Unscripted Shows Internationally
The TV indie giant will rep such AMC shows as "Comic Book Men," "Small Town Security" and "Immortalized."
LONDON – TV indie production and distribution giant Endemol has inked a deal with AMC to rep international sales on the network's unscripted output including shows Comic Book Men, Small Town Security and Immortalized.
Endemol Worldwide Distribution chief executive Cathy Payne said: "This (non-scripted programming) is a relatively new genre for AMC and we look forward to helping them (AMC) achieve the same recognition for their non-scripted programs as they have done for their scripted series."
The sales deal comes hot-on-the-heels of a production pact between AMC and Endemol on the non-scripted series Freakshow as well as on drama series, Hell on Wheels.
AMC’s svp of business affairs Marci Wiseman said: "Given Endemol’s dominance in the non-scripted arena and AMC’s successful programming collaborations to date, we couldn’t think of a better partner to handle our international distribution of our newest original programming series."
Comic Book Men follows the antics in and around master fanboy Kevin Smith’s New Jersey comic shop, Jay and Silent Bob’s Secret Stash, where both staff and customers geek out over pop culture artifacts and the legends behind them.
Immortalized details the world of creative and competitive taxidermy while Small Town Security is an unscripted, workplace series billed as a cross between Christopher Guest’s movies and the absurdity of The Office.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services