MIPTV: Oxygen Orders Second Season of ‘The Face’
The modeling competition is produced by Shine America, with Naomi Campbell as executive producer.
Oxygen has picked up a second 10-episode season of The Face, produced by Shine America.
The model competition show, which gives aspiring models from ordinary backgrounds an opportunity to compete to become the face of a major brand, is executive produced by Naomi Campbell and distributed by News Corp.'s Shine International.
Shine began shopping the format at this week's MIPTV festival in Cannes, France. Oxygen Media, co-founded by Oprah Winfrey in 1998, was bought out by NBCUniversal in 2008. NBCUniversal is owned by cable giant Comcast.
A U.K. version of the format, for British TV giant BSkyB's Sky1, was confirmed in March. News Corp. owns a 39 percent stake in BSkyB.
Devyn Abdullah, a 21-year-old single mother from the Bronx, won the first season of the The Face, becoming brand ambassador for ULTA Beauty’s 2013 fall and holiday national advertising campaign.
“We are excited to get back on the catwalk for season two as we bring in a few new twists along the way,” said Rod Aissa, senior vp of original programming and development at Oxygen Media.
The season finale of The Face on March 26 attracted nearly 554,000 total viewers, up eight percent from the season premiere in February.
“We are thrilled that The Face resonated with viewers, and our team at Shine is excited to get back to work, producing a second season with our great partners at Oxygen,” added Rich Ross, CEO of Shine America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)