MIPTV: Shine Sells 'Got to Dance' to Germany, Vietnam
The group dancing format just wrapped its fourth season on Britain's Sky1 channel, where the final drew more than 1.1 million viewers.
CANNES - German commercial giant ProSiebenSat.1 has picked up Got to Dance, Shine Group's dancing competition reality show, and will produce a local-language version of the format to be produced by Shine's German production offices.
The original version of Got to Dance, in which dancers of all ages and styles compete before a panel of superstar dancers, airs on Sky1 in the U.K. It is the pay-TV channel's top-rated entertainment series. The finale of the show's fourth season drew more than 1.1 million viewers.
Shine has sold the format to some 110 territories worldwide. CBS premiered a U.S. version of the show titled Live to Dance in 2011 but the format was quickly dropped.
In addition to the German deal, which will see Shine Germany produce 6, two-hour episodes of Got to Dance, Shine inked a deal for the show with Vietnam's VT3 network. Local versions of Got to Dance recently bowed in Finland and Romania.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR